During the first years of the 20th century, resorts were a haven for the settlers of Sammamish and visitors from Seattle who were attracted by its small lakes and secluded forests. Resorts grew slowly due to the lack of built roads on the plateau. When roads improved in the 1930s, it was a fun and busy time around Beaver and Pine lakes.
PINE LAKE RESORT
Pine Lake Resort, on 18 acres, opened in 1917 with five cabins. The cabins were not all small, with some over 1,000 square feet and running water and electricity. It languished until the late 1930s when owner Reiff French dramatically expanded it. He renamed the resort French's LaPine Resort, but the name didn't catch on. It was "Pine Lake Resort" to some, "Frenchy's" to others. French eventually built 15 more cabins, a small grocery store, and a dance hall that was a favorite with square dancers.
French operated the Pine Lake Resort until 1966, when King County bought the property and converted it into what's now Pine Lake Park.
More information can be downloaded here.