During the first years of the 20th century, resorts were a haven for the settlers of Sammamish and visitors from Seattle who were attracted by its small lakes and secluded forests. Resorts grew slowly due to the lack of built roads on the plateau. When roads improved in the 1930s, it was a fun and busy time around Beaver and Pine lakes.
THE TANSKA RESORT
The Tanska Auto Camp was an early 20th century retreat located on the northwestern shore of Pine Lake from 1918-1940. The camp was owned and operated by the Tanska family, who also owned another 20 acres immediately north, which was operated from the 1920s-1950s as a chicken ranch.
More information can be downloaded here.